IT'S EASY TO PLAY
... as easy as 1-2-3!
Just follow the 1-2-3 sequence below to try out the game. 2.7 million characters to date can't be wrong!
WHEEL OF TIME BEGINNER CLIENT
This client will take approx. 1 minute to load on your average computer. Please wait until the text on the button changes from "Applet loaded." to "Welcome to.... etc".
It is recommended that you make a MALE, HUMAN, WARRIOR. Since all the essential Circle of Light commands mentioned in the playguide have been added to buttons on the right of the interface (the buttons marked COL1 to COL7) that should be the first thing that you do. As soon as you are in the Circle of Light, you should do each one in turn, starting at COL1.
At this stage, and only in this room, if you need some human assistance getting started or have some questions of the staff, press the STUCK button. This button only work in in the Circle of Light; if any immortals are online and available (ie not in the middle of something else) they'll come over and help you.
Caemlyn is the centre of the land, in the heartland of human territory. To reach Caemlyn, press the buttons toCAEM1 and toCAEM2. It will take a few seconds to arrive in Caemlyn.
Most of the commands covered in the 1 page playguide are on this interface as buttons. There are, however, additional ones, which do the following:
- Lets you look east. If the room to the east is unsafe, then a message will be displayed warning you. LookW etc follow the same pattern, a directional look.
- Short for butcher. If you have slain a creature and you're wielding your knife, you can butcher the corpse for meat
- shows you the commands available to you. Except for quit, you should try them out and see what they do
- shows you the in-game day and time
- makes an offer at the innkeeper
- list items in a shop
- see your bank balance in a bank
- your current practise skill levels
- Change mood wimpy. For situations where you need more defence
- Change mood normal. For situations where you need both defence and offence
- Change mood brave. For situations where you need more offence
- Shouts out for an immortal to come and help you, if there's one on.
- Shows you which players of your race are near to you in the same zone. If you get stuck they're the best people to ask.
- List of all the female characters online. Female characters playing are often channelers; they can travel vast distances using their weaves relatively easily so might we worth sending a tell for help if you're genuinely stuck in the middle of nowhere.
- Can only be used once you have reached level 2. Puts out a call for help to all players of your race by you.
F key mappings
The client also includes remapped Function keys, at the top of your keyboard. Pressing these keys will issue the corresponding command immadiately without the need to press enter. Panic buttons if you like.
- FLEE NOW!
- change mood wimpy
- change mood normal
- change mood brave
- change mood berserk
Please note that navigating away from this page will terminate the connection to the MUD. To browse the site, use this this link which will open the homepage in another window.
If you get a message like Sorry, your network address is a duplicate of someone else's that is ... it means that you disconnected and reconnected within the same minute. Please browse the site for a minute or two then try again.
PLEASE HELP THE MUD!
MOST POPULAR PAGES
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY
The Wheel of Time MUD is, in the words of the online reviews: "A very polished product" (MUD connector), "A Must See" (Wheel of Time.org), "The Internet at its Best" (free launch.com).
SUPPORT YOUR MUD
Please visit the wotmud store!
All profit made from this store, which sells wotmud t-shirts etc, goes to support the server, paying for bandwidth and using a better machine to host the MUD.